Benefits of the House System
We believe that the House System will support our students by achieving the following aspects;
- Student Focus; each student treated as an individual - not just one more student in a large year group.
- A caring, supportive environment; each student becomes a valued member of a small 'family unit' within a larger 'family' within the whole school.
- Respect, consideration and courtesy.
- A well-ordered, stimulating and enjoyable atmosphere in which deep learning and effective teaching can flourish.
- Positive self esteem amongst students and value of the ethos of the school community.
- The opportunity to obtain the essential qualifications and entry skills for chosen careers and the life skills necessary for a rapidly changing society.
- Equality of opportunity and encouragement to realise an individual's full potential.
- Peer support to combat bullying.
- Promotion of the 'Student Voice', Student Responsibility, Team skills, Leadership skills and Co-operation.
- Extra-Curricular activities which enrich; broaden and round off the experience of our students.
- Development of personal and social skills and well being.
- A school in which Students, Parents, Staff, Governors and the Wider Community can be justly proud.
- House Ethos supporting Students
We believe that students will, over time, become extremely proud of and loyal to, their House and that there will be healthy, positive competition between Houses. The sense of community within each of the four houses will encourage a feeling of identity and belonging. The House Teams will greet newcomers as children and see them off as young adults into employment or further/higher education.